Friday, January 27, 2017

Amanda "Jo Jo" Everhart Rescue SCAM


Justice for Roy Update:

The Wood County DA's office did file charges against Roy's owner, Belva Bowden. The bad news is, they only charged her with a Class A misdemeanor. She will likely get a fine, barely a slap on the wrist. I had hoped that a teacher (for the Auburndale school district) would have been held to a higher standard. I believe they COULD have charged her with a Class E Felony, since Roy's "mistreatment" (extreme starvation) caused his death.

Belva Bowden is due to appear in court on Monday, February 6th, at 9am. If you can go, please do. A few people simply standing outside or sitting in the audience with horse-related shirts on could push the judge to take this case more seriously. The address of Wood County Courthouse is 400 Market Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494.

Now, let's move on to some evil in progress:

Everhart Rescue: DANGER! Do NOT Trust!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT 2/2/17: Wow! This story has really blown up. Hundreds of shares on social media has resulted in over 67,000 views of this post. Apparently, it's been so popular because Amanda has scammed so many people. I've collected a few of their comments and added them at the bottom. I have learned more than I care to about her past schemes.

Here's the important stuff: Amanda Everhart has also used the last names Scalissi and Miller. She may tell a sob story and ask for donations of baby clothes, pet stuff, tack, furniture, and other items for herself or her family, then sell these online. She may "borrow" tack and fail to return it, or even sell it. She has at least 3 Facebook profiles in variations of her own name, and may be using others' names or profiles. She may take in free or cheap dogs, especially pit bulls, as an "adopter," and then sell them online (flipping).

It's important that you don't contact her. It's one thing to warn others about a scam. It's another to harass someone directly.

EDIT 2/3/17: Amanda keeps changing the name of her horse "rescue." I'll keep updating the names here as I learn them:

E.E. Wisconsin Horse Rescue.
Everhart Equestrian Vernon County Wisconsin Horse Rescue
EEVC Wisconsin Horses Rescue Page


EDIT 2/7/17: Too much to post here. Go to the bottom. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Post:

A brand new horse rescue, the rather confusingly named Everhart Equestrian Wisconsin Horse Rescue, has popped up in Viroqua, WI.

Amanda "Jo Jo" Everhart, the owner of this rescue, is... special.

If you're a fan of Judge Judy or Jerry Springer, you know the kind of "special" I'm talking about. Amanda "Jo Jo" Everhart...

...has had at least 3 babies with different dads (none of which she has custody of)...
                     (Edit: 2 so far, another on the way)
...has tried her hand at being a singer, farrier, dog breeder, horse trainer, soldier, scrap dealer, barrel racer, motorcycle mechanic, and tattoo artist...
...claims to have obviously untrained "service dogs"...
...has been engaged twice, and broken up twice...
...and she's only 25 years old!

That's quite a laundry list for a little girl.











In her short life, Amanda has been found guilty of harassment, disorderly conduct, and damage to property. She's also been dragged to small claims court multiple times. (All of this is public record, available here.)

Oh, and did I mention she was arrested for prostitution?


Amanda may also have been stripping under the name Lassos American Hunnie or AJ.

Apparently, she's had to stop being a sex worker, because she's kinda broke.
"Jo Jo" would like you to donate to her most recent Go-Fund-Me drive.

Click to see larger version.
I say "most recent," because Amanda is a big fan of Go-Fund-Me. She's used it to try to obtain money for one of her weddings (which she never went through with), for hiring a pet sitter for her "service dogs" while she gave birth, and for the recovery of a horse named Phoenix. Amanda claimed Phoenix was stolen, along with her wallet, by a vengeful ex-boyfriend who also beat her up. I'm not sure how throwing money at "Jo Jo" can fix a situation that the police wouldn't even bother following up with, but hey, free money is a balm that can sooth any wound.

If this sounds like major psycho drama, buckle up.
We're not done yet.

On Facebook, Amanda claims to be "fighting cancer," although she has refused to say what kind:
















She's apparently battled this cancer for several years, through at least one pregnancy, but only seems to bring it up when her sexy pictures and tattoos haven't been getting enough attention on social media. (Click any pic to see larger version.)



"Born Guilty." Nice, really nice.




"But wait, North Horse. All you've proven is that she's trashy and maybe a liar. What can you tell me about how she's running the horse rescue? What's the 'crime' here?"

Ah my friend, rest assured, now we get into the meat of the matter.

Let's start with a horse named Cassie.

Cassie, Dec. 2016. Note the bandaged left rear leg.
Cassie's leg injury. Sept. 2016

Cassie was donated to Everhart rescue by her owner, Ann Budzak. Ann owned Cassie for years, but as Ann and her husband's health deteriorated, she looked for a safe place for Cassie to go.

Cassie needed sanctuary, because like Ann, this mare has some issues. She's 18, has fairly severe arthritis in her rear legs, and in the autumn she had a nasty injury to her left rear leg which made her unsound. Cassie is also a known bucker, and is pushy on the ground. So when Ann saw the new Everhart Rescue pop up, she contacted "Jo Jo," looking to place her in a safe, permanent home that could handle her. Amanda gave Ann all the right reassurances, telling her that Cassie would be very well cared for, forever. So Ann gave Cassie to Amanda on December 28th.

And then Amanda "Jo Jo"  turned around and listed Cassie for adoption as a sound, 16 year old does-it-all horse that's great with kids!! The "adoption fee" started at 2K in December, but rose to 2.5K  on January 1st. Now Everhart wants $3,500! These screenshots below show exactly that:






Yes, this crippled mare, described as "broodmare sound only" by her previous owner, is now being sold as a younger, healthier, more well-trained, better-mannered horse. Has Amanda "Jo Jo" Everhart discovered some kind of magic horse enhancer potion?? Or is she running a scam that aims to defraud and endanger well-intentioned adopters?


When Ann contacted Amanda about her concerns, Amanda replied with a 4 minute voicemail filled with screaming, swearing, accusations, and vague threats about her boyfriend being a cop.

Ann is very upset. She regrets not doing more to check out Amanda's background before donating Cassie. She is horrified at the prospect that an adopter could be seriously hurt, and concerned that Cassie may wind up abused or sent to slaughter.

Ann wants everyone to know that Cassie is NOT sound. Even if she didn't have bad arthritis, her leg injury took three months to heal, and has made her unrideable. She has NOT been ridden by teenage girls most of her life like Amanda claims. Cassie has NOT done barrels, gmykhana, obstacle courses, etc. No one should be riding Cassie.

Ann says,

"We struggled with managing her on the ground as she is very pushy and my husband is 73 and just had hand surgery. I am needing shoulder and hip replacement. I thought a rescue where Cassie could live out her days with love and comfort would be the kindest thing to do for her. It was a hard decision. Now that I realize where she actually is I just want to cry. I've made the biggest mistake of my life. But now she's there and the chances I can get her back are slim. If I had $3500 I would buy her back and just let her live at our house forever."   


Everhart has at least six other horses now, and is asking for people to donate more horses and more money. Aside from Cassie, there are no descriptions of any horses available for adoption. Nor is there even an adoption application available. In fact, according to the IRS's database of tax-exempt organizations, Everhart doesn't even have 501c3 status, meaning it's not a legitimate charity.

Of course, you might have already guessed that.

I'm going to throw a few more pictures down there at the bottom, but I think you've already gotten the point. Spread the word: Do NOT trust, or donate to, Amanda "Jo Jo" Everhart's "horse rescue!"
The buckskin mare Cassie is NOT sound, and should be returned to her distraught owner!



Barbed wire on the property. One of several pictures/places on the property.

Barbed wire on the property. One of several pictures/places on the property.


This is a picture Amanda stole from another girl. Amanda uploaded it as if were her own, as if she was the one riding the horse here. When she was called out on this lie, she had her friends send the owner threatening messages laced with profanity. Amanda still has the picture in her photo album.


Click to enlarge.
Amanda claiming to be "Dr. Scalissi," a PhD/surgeon/UW student with no kids.


This is one of Amanda "Jo Jo's" Craigslist ads advertising Cassie. Note how she has cropped out or covered up Cassie's injured left rear leg.







---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yet another EDIT 2/7/17:

This post has over 69,000 views now
. Amanda has responded by absolutely flooding her social media and this blog's comments with more lies and delusions.

One of the things she's done is to post blurry pictures of store receipts, as if receipts somehow prove her rescue is legitimate. Um, good job Amanda. You successfully bought things. Possibly with the money you got by scamming others. Gosh, we are sure impressed!


She has also offered to write receipts for people who donate to her. This makes no sense whatsoever. The only reason you would need a receipt for a donation is if you wanted to claim the donation on your taxes. This can only be done if your donation was made to a registered charity or non-profit organization. Amanda herself has admitted her rescue is not non-profit. So on this one, I'm not sure if Amanda is confused, crazy, lying to potential donors, or some combination of all those.

 



Amanda has also been making desperate attempts to appeal to the cops.


First, she's been constantly boasting about dating/being engaged to a "sheriff" in the hopes that this will scare away her critics. This guy is actually just a security guard.

Oh, and she says she's pregnant again...

Next, she tried to report me for harassment. Hah. I've been in contact with Vernon County's Deputy Roy Torgerson, who was assigned to check out Amanda's complaint. Deputy T was incredibly polite. He quoted the First Amendment and said I am well within my rights here.

Then, Amanda called the cops again and recorded part of the conversation. (I'm posting a link to her video here, because it's hilarious. However, I feel bad for the poor, confused officer/secretary on the phone.) Amanda seems to think that the cops have "cleared her name" and legitimized her fake horse rescue simply because they said aren't currently investigating her.





 Cops don't have time to handle this kind of crap. Scamming buyers, sellers, and donors is a matter for civil court (think Judge Judy). The cops only get involved when an actionable crime has been committed, like animal abuse or neglect. It might be possible that Amanda's not too far away from actually committing one of those crimes, however.

One of the horses (Phoenix) is actually pretty underweight. You can see Phoenix here, spine sticking up, the shadow of her ribs visible even through her winter coat.





Whew, that's enough skanky, petty drama from this case to last a lifetime-- and I didn't even touch on many of the things people emailed and messaged me about. I think I'm done here. I'm closing the comments.

41 comments:

  1. Excellent article, well written and good investigation work.....top notch as always! As for this Jo, Jo.....I have nothing good to say and I am glad to see that she is being exposed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written and researched! I am so glad that you guys are able to find out about and alert us all about people like her!
    It's to bad there are people out there that will trust this girl. I will definitely share this with everyone, hopefully my sharing will stop at least one person from believing her lies!
    Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't even touch on half the stuff this girl has done....nothing stops her she just changed her name after EVERY scheme! So many more I can't count!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Multiple complaints filed with GoFundMe about her has only once pulled her scams off of their
    pages.. she is a scam tornado and seems to think that GFM is her special form of income. With all the illegal activities, lies, profanity, threats if you confront her, and pain she spreads on donators, friends, family and the justice system she belongs "off the street". IMHO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They removed more than one. Three that I can think of off the top of my head

      Delete
  5. To me it seems as though you have enough visual evidence for a conviction! Wow, some people. Ugh!! Just sickens me. Thanks for this heads up. I gladly attach my name to my reply.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Chris Bourke is her just using a different name on facebook. She did that before and made a bunch of fake facebook profiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a real person but the last I heard he was in jail

      Delete
  7. I have her as a random "friend" on Facebook but have been watching closely and drawing my own conclusions that very closely match with your description of her as well. My first HUGE red flag with horse related things was her "business cards" was a picture of a couple ENGLISH riders with her business (scam) name over it and then states that she does barrel racing training. Um, those are very conflicting sports in the equestrian world. Also, I'm all for people chasing their dreams, but it's very sketchy for you to spur of the moment open a rescue and right away start begging for money. Thank you for putting this out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She should be banned from owning ANY animals. Pure evil trash!! I'm spreading the word...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad she is finally being looked into. This girl should be behind bars. Ever sense high school she has been nothing but trouble. I guess easy money is better than actually working or being a good person. I'll never understand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After reading this, I gleaned the Everhart Rescue page, as I am sure most of you did. I was delighted to find that the link to this article is already being posted there...kudos to those that beat me to the punch! I also posted a request for JoJo to return Cassie to the rightful owner....will anyone join me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will. Where would I do this? Page,

      Delete
  12. This girl is one sick individual. She needs much ,ore then a slap on the wrist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just an FYI but any and all problems with this lady are to be reported to the police whether it is on a facebook buy and sell group or whatever. SO if anyone has any bad dealings with her please let the police know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to tell them about her when she tried to get them to arrest me, said I was "stalking" her just because I was calling her out on her scams and what not. Lied to the police saying that me and her had never met (we went to high school together and had a few classes together as well) and a bunch of other lies. I had a group page on Facebook full of people she had scammed or ruined their lives. Until the police had me take it down because she claimed it was made to just make fun of her.

      Delete
    2. It's awful that you were bullied that way. There's nothing illegal about telling the truth-- that's the 1st amendment. Good for you for trying. It's important to protect our communities against those who want to take advantage of good-hearted people.

      Delete
  14. To think I was going to donate to her go fund me page to buy hay for her so glad I didn't do it now. Sad I wanted that buckskin too I even asked bout it but was told she would make a great trail riding horse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw her ads on Craigslist and was so happy we had another horse rescue guess it was too good to be true. Thanks for exposing this before people and horses get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sharing this to my Facebook page. Hopefully, the police will take all of the complaints serious and do something about her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Unfortunately she's not the only one doing these things. So many are out there doing much the same thing but are not looked into. You can usually tell which they are because the constantly are posting on cheaper horses. It's sad, very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She has a go fund me sight for a horse recuse on right now,on draft horses 4 sale in Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her parents must be so proud of this poor angel.

      Delete
  19. Her mom is an alcoholic. I have known them for years.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well this is interesting - somehow I had gotten a "FB friend request" from her. I saw she was "friends" with 2 of my other freinds - so I thought she was legit, although strange I thought. Then I started to see some of her "wierd" selfie posts pop up - and I unfriended her. She quickly sent me another friend request. Then a "friend" of hers sent me a frind request - thanks for the warning! I'm sharing your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I removed her from my site Stuff For Sale in Madison Wisconsin for this reason and I had also received multiple complaints and several of her post were also flagged by Facebook as well so for the good of the site I removed her and all of her post to avoid any further problems

    ReplyDelete
  22. The parentage of this woman's three children should not be used as an indication of her character or mental status. Had she been in three marriages, say because of a divorce or because she had been widowed, it is far less likely the sires of her children would be at issue. While I don't condone many of this woman's actions, I find this information being used in this way, offensive. Furthermore, had she been a man instead of a woman, would the fact he had fathered 3 children with 3 different women be used against him in the same manner? I doubt it. I've known men who not only fathered more than 5 children with more than 5 different women, but had been accused of rape as well, still maintained a high level of respect in their Wisconsin communities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that 3 relationships with 3 pregnancies before the age of 25 certainly does reflect something about Amanda's character. And yes, if Amanda had been a man, I would have held him to the same standard and called him a deadbeat dad. Having unprotected sex with not one, not two, but THREE different partners is not an accident, it's not trivial, it's total irresponsibility. Bringing life into this world is not a trivial matter.

      Delete
    2. THIS IS A FAKE STORY VERNON COUNTY COPS WERE CONTACTED AND CHARGES ARE BEING PRESSED AGAINST ANN GARZA

      Delete
  23. I had my mare up for sale after she fell on me an broke my back. I had people call an want her for there child that just started taking lessons. or another saying her daughter is getting better at riding an needs a horse that is not a push button horse. I was honest with these people saying that my Mare is really only just green broke an I did not lie about how she acted an what she did on the trail an in the arena. I could not live with myself if someone else got hurt.
    I kept my mare an I love her very much. People like this JO JO are going to get people killed. How can someone sale a horse to a adult for there 7 yr old that is just learning to ride ?? Or how can you say this horse does it all an can get unsafe just riding in the field. I really do not know how they can sleep at night. This gal needs to be stopped for the sake of others that can get hurt or killed. I am going to share this on face book just so no one gets killed or hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Prostitute, stripper, con woman. Looking through her Facebook page, it's glaringly apparent that she has no horse knowledge. Poor fencing, junky pastures, and the pictures she takes as advertisements for the horses show that she has no experience with selling a horse. Her postings are full of misspellings and grammatical errors, not at all professional. The people who post positive messages on her page all sound as uneducated, if not more, than she does.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whats very strange is that you cannot leave a comment On Everhart Equestrian Wisconsin Horse Rescue Go fund me Page. There is No place to comment, Its gone & Not anywhere to be seen. Why would a person take that off their page if they weren't hiding something. But it seems every 1 else's page there is a place to leave or make a Comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THIS IS A FAKE STORY VERNON COUNTY COPS WERE CONTACTED AND CHARGES ARE BEING PRESSED AGAINST ANN GARZA

      Delete
  26. She has caused trouble on several of the FB garage sale sites in Dane County (Stoughton & Oregon for example).

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just posted a message on her FB horse page and she is threatening me with her officers, namely officer Roy. What kind of person has "officers" and knows them by their first name!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's just lying again. There's no officer by the name of Roy OR Radziki on the Viroqua, WI Police website, or on the Wood County Sheriff's Dept website. I would love a screenshot of her threatening you though. Can you post it on Facebook or email it to northhorseblog@gmail.com please.

      Delete
  28. Facebook friends we should start a go fund me for the previous owner to raise money to get the horse back


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great for Ann and Cassie. But it would also be giving Everhart money :(

      Delete
  29. THIS IS A FAKE STORY VERNON COUNTY COPS WERE CONTACTED AND CHARGES ARE BEING PRESSED AGAINST ANN GARZA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amanda.
      There's no law against telling the truth.
      Your scams are catching up to you.
      I'm not Ann Budzack Garza.
      And no, charges are not being pressed against her.

      Delete