Monday, November 28, 2011

Strange Beasts: Camels and Hinnys (Hinnies?)

I've had some awesome rides with the best horse in the world (Annie) lately, but that's going to be a longer post. Today's update is short, sweet and weird:




Yep. Camels. Pulling a cart. Driven by farmer-type dudes in what looks like a village park. There! Cool, huh?

Then there's THESE guys:



ZOMG CUTE!

They're "hinnies," but not quite. A hinny is the offspring of a male horse and a female donkey. These super-cute fluffies are the offspring of a male pony and a female donkey. So, they're... honnies? Regardless, they're incredibly *squee* and free on Craigslist right now. Rumor has it that they're wild as march hares, having been abandoned in the swamps near Baraboo, and that they may have been released from a passing circus. That description does seem to fit with what seems to be a catch rope hanging from "Thunder's" halter.

I've already texted my hubby, begging to be allowed to take them home. I mean, who doesn't need two mostly wild, un-rideable, weird ex-circus critters?! 

Zomg, I'd tame them and pet them and hitch them to a tiny cart...


1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog from your fugly post. I love it. Nice to see daily postings that are funny and informative at the same time..

    ReplyDelete