Friday, June 15, 2012

The Redneck Bridle: Instructions for Use

I'm a huge fan of the Snarkyrider/Fuglyblog blogs, and this post about the poor abused Throughbred in a twine bridle, combined with Snarkyrider's most recent contest, inspired me to create this educational poster:




Snarkyrider's contest is basically "Best / most creative picture of you or your horse with twine." The winner gets a free item from her store. If I win, I'm totally going for the bumper sticker. There's still time for YOU to enter too! Send a picture to snarkyriderblog@gmail.com.

I should explain that yes, the horse up there is mine; that's Mr. Strut, who gets a lot less press coverage than Annie. Don't worry, that "bridle" was only on his face just long enough for me to snap a picture. You can tell by the expression on his face that even he knows how stupid and scary this contraption is. Mr. Strut is a retired TWH, and though he can be a bit of a grump, he's a saint when it comes to shots, worming, and participating in ridiculous stuff like this. I bought that nasty noseband/shanks/chain combo from a garage sale specifically to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands, and I promise you, it will never actually be used, other than as a bad example.

Stay tuned: the next post is going to be a follow-up to the post, "Poisonous Pasture Plants and Hunger Games Herbology." I'll be showing you the later-summer pasture plants that affect you and your horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment